RE: Offline folder

  • From: fred@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 12:00:28 -0700 (PDT)

By default, the outlook.ost file is created in a hidden folder, Local
Settings, in your profile.

Make sure you have turned on the view for Hidden files and folders.
The radio button is located in Windows Explorer, under Tools>>Folder
Options>>View.

If you do not have this radio button selected, Windows searches ignore
all files and folders with the "hidden" attribute.

Fred
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." - Hunter S. Thompson

----------
Being curious on the size of my offline folder file, I have done a
search for either "outlook.ost" or "*.ost" located on my local hard
drive which shows no .ost file. Is there a reason for such a behavior?
Note: I configured "Offline folder settings" in Outlook 2000 to allow
synchronization. Upon exiting Outlook, synchronization does take
place.
Please shed the light on this for me.
Thanks

Fred Scensny, Jr.