RE: Offline Defrag

  • From: "Douglas M. Long" <admindoug@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2006 12:50:52 -0500

Here are the stats from my offline defrag. Factors other than size will come
into play, as you can see below. The 94GB DB only took 76 minutes, whereas
the 20GB took 99 minutes. That probably had something to do with the 94GB DB
have about 89% whitespace in it. If you don't mind, put together some stats
like I have below and post them to the list when you are done.

Server 2003 SP1

Exchange 2003 SP1

2 x 2.8GHz HT Xeons

4GB RAM

Direct attached 5 X 73.4GB hard drives, RAID5---IBM 6M controller

Both ran with the following syntax:           eseutil.exe /d f:\blahblah\DB

DatabaseA was 94GB before defrag

                        12GB after defrag

                        Time elapsed: 76 minutes

DatabaseB was 20GB before defrag

                        14GB after defrag

                        Time elapsed: 99 minutes

Ran with the following syntax:                 eseutil.exe /d f:\blahblah\DB
/p

DatabaseB was 20GB before defrag

                        14GB after defrag

                        Time elapsed: 77 minutes