RE: Off line Defrag.

  • From: "Lara, Greg" <GLara@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 16:23:55 -0400

It's a pretty safe and straightforward process. It's a good idea to use the
/b switch, which will make a backup copy of the database (as long as you
have enough disk). Also, make sure you've got enough disk for the temp
database; eseutil won't warn you in advance if there's not enough space and
you may have wait a long time before it fails. You can set the temp database
to write to another volume. It'll take a while to run, and obviously your
server must be offline while the defrag process is running, so schedule it
accordingly.

Good luck, and have fun.

Greg Lara

prohibited.