OWa and ISA

  • From: "andy fairley" <andy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 26 Jan 2003 00:21:29 -0000

Dear Exchange list,

I have a working setup with ISA on one server and Exchange on another. Only the
ISA server has a public IP address. OWA is working via SSL on the IIS services
on the Exchange box, with HTTPS requests being directed to it by ISA. This was
setup by myself and has worked well for a year.

We have just had a consultant suggest that it would be much better if the ISA
box did the IIS work for OWA, ie:- that the IIS services on the ISA box dished
up the pages for OWA.  Is this possible? It would mean starting the IIS
services on the ISA box for a start, and I don't think it would be able to use
the default ports. What are you feelings about this? I don't like to change a
working setup but want the advice of the experts.

many thanks

Andy Fairley
Opera North
Leeds UK