Re: OWA-Setup

  • From: mmmopo errer <hatem20072008@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "\[ExchangeList\]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 May 2005 04:34:20 -0700 (PDT)

so soory all, if i was desribe too many information

mmmopo errer <hatem20072008@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:http://www.MSExchange.org/
DEAR ALL,

i made my network as the following :-

1.one ( DC) win Advanced server 2000

2.one exchange server 2000 - enterprise edition-.

3.one ISA server 2000, enterprise edition.

4. 25 Clients with WinXP-Pro SP1

My domain name is hosted in USA, CIHOST Company, and the E-mail Also, i have
the user name & Password for the Administrator website to my E-mail to add user
or delete user.

before we add exchange 2000 server, i was configure all of my client to use
OUTLOOK 2003 and configured for them POP3 account for the E-mail, to let them
send & receive E-mails.

but after i bring exchange 2000, i am using GFI -POP3 downloadear installed on
exchange 2000 and its connect to my server in USA and get all of the E-mails
for the user and then distributed them back .

iam using Dial UP.

no static IP-Address for the server , no special configuration , and every
thing is working more than fine. but i have a planning .

The Plan is:-

i want to change the DNS settings for my E-mail & my domain, so instaed of
hosted it with this company, i get one good connection to MY ISP like Leased
Line 512, and i will get 4 IP- Address ( Real IP-Address) , and i will change
the setup, so when any one send e-mail to me ( ah@xxxxxxxx) , it will come to
me directly .

this is no Problem to it.

Now i want to establish Outlook Web Access for all users here in my company.

i do not have any website at all. i have only one exchange server 2000 and
installed on it IIS and no any special configuration has been done. only the
things has been done in IIS was for SMTP Connector .

what i know is :-

but i need it to be accesible to the out side users . so any one in UK or in
USA, he will type only in the Web Browser the following :-

http:// mail.mmt-group.com

and it should work.

so the Plan is :-

1. change the DNS settings to make my e-mails come to me directly instaed of
sending it to the CIHOST and then let my exchange server connect to it through
POP3 Downloader.

2- delete the POP3 Downloader from my exchange server and it will work fine .

but still for the OWA , i want to make for the OUTSIDE-

so what i know is :-

i will ask the ISP to Park this sub-domain for me which is ( mail) , and then i
will ask him to give me the Static-IP Address & the DNS settings , and then i
will install windows advanced server 2000 on this machine & then i will name it
( Mail ) and then i will give it the static -IP-address which i took from the
ISP, and it will be accesible for the internet user . ( Note without security).

but what should i install on it, should i install exchange 2000 again? or ,
should i install IIS only ?

So Please guide me , or send me URL , OR PDF file for the steps which should i
follow in order to work.

many thanks for your help

Yahoo! Mail