OWA2000 dropping body text

  • From: "Hemmings, Rob" <Rob.Hemmings@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2003 14:52:29 -0000

I have a weird problem here with OWA2k (configured within DMZ, with IIS
Lockdown and Secure Certificate etc - pointing into protected network at
E2K Backend servers)

Users are complaining that when they use "Webmail" to send mail from our
domain, more often than not the recipient will receive the message with
all the header information, and footer (generated by external SMTP
Gateway - SurfControl Email Filter).... but any body text will be
missing!!!!

I have done loads of tests to about 5 or 6 test mail accounts I have
with different providers, and say, 8 times out of 10 there will be no
body text.

I am currently building a raw windows 2000 / SMTP server to put in place
of the SurfControl Email Filter (gateway), to try to rule *that* out of
the equation, but I doubt it is that which is causing the problem.

Has anyone out there experienced this problem?? Or have any ideas around
it???

Many thanks in advance
Regards,
Rob.

Hemmings, Rob
Bexley Mail Administrator / Postmaster
Senior Support Analyst
Steria (Bexley) UK Ltd
Rob.Hemmings@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

This email is confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual to
whom it is addressed.  If you are not the intended recipient, be advised that
you have received this email in error and that any use, dissemination,
forwarding, printing, or copying of this email is strictly prohibited.

If you have received this email in error please notify Bexley Council by
telephone on +44 (0) 20 8303 7777.

                Web Site: http://www.bexley.gov.uk