OWA with HTTPS

  • From: Nate Woody <nate@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 09:33:16 -0500

Hello,

I'm trying to setup OWA with https. It works fine internally. I've got a SBS
server 2k3 behind a PIX 501. when I try to make the connection I get a page
cannot be displayed error on client. Configured PIX with static route of 443
to go to exchange server. Examined PIX log and see the connection built
between client and SBS server. Then after approx. 2 min the connection is
torn down with error "SYN Timeout".  Is there another port that needs to be
opened outside besides 443. Currently ports 80 and 25 go to different
servers.

Nate MCSE, MCDBA

Systems Engineer