RE: OWA on Exchange 2000 Cluster.

  • From: "Justin Culbreath" <justinc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2002 12:31:44 -0600

First you will need to install E2k on your primary node.  Document this
to make sure your second node is exactly the same.  When exchange is
installing it should detect the clustered state of your server, and ask
if you want to install a cluster aware version of exchange. Say yes, and
complete the install.  Next, take ownership of all shared disks with
your second node.  Then install as you did the first.  It HAS to be an
identical install on the second node.  Once this is complete open up
your cluster manager and check to make sure all the virtual servers for
exchange have been created, and are on line.  Now check in IISADMIN and
see if your exchange Virtual servers show up there as well. You will
also want to consider your cluster config.  If you are in an active
active environment you have a limit of 1500 users, you don't have that
limit with an active passive config.

Exchange should create all the virtual servers for you and it should be
pretty straight forward.  Let me know if your having more issues, or if
this is too vague.

Justin Culbreath
Systems Engineer
Weld County School District Six