OWA and changing the user password

  • From: "KEN MORRIS" <KMORRIS@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 9 Feb 2002 16:04:49 -0500

Hello,
I am looking for a solution to the problem of users not being able to
change their passwords via OWA. When you go to options and request the
change of password, the user cannot connect to the proper server. The
configuration is set that the E2K is installed with a server that is
running AD and DNS, this is not our initial Domain Controller set up in
the system, it is the second. It seems that there may be a communication
problem between the E2K server and the initial DC that was set. This has
only recently started and may have been caused when the primary DC AD
replication time was changed from once per hr to 4 times per hr. (I was
on vacation when this decision was made, I would not have allowed it to
happen!). Since that point I can replicate the domain from the PDC to
the other DC but not the reverse. This was working before I left on
vacation!
I am fairly certain this is the cause, but now am in dire need of a
solution.
Any suggestions are welcome.
Thank you
Ken Morris