OWA and accentuated characters

  • From: "Frederic Giroux" <fgiroux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 10:27:19 -0500

Good day!

        I decided to confront a problem I have been having since I started
using Exchange 2000.  Most of you guys do not get even close to have this
problem since it is related to accentuated characters (é, à, è, etc...).

        Those characters are all in the ASCII chart but higher than 128.  What
happens is that if a message is sent using OWA and has accents in it, the
accents are replaced by "garbage-codes".  In some cases, the character is even
skipped.

        The problem does not always occur, depending on the origin.  However,
if it happens with a client, it will happen all the time.  I have tried to find
a common thread between the clients without luck.  No matter what version if
IE, of Windows, of regional settings and so on.

        I would understand for characters not in the ASCII chart but, again,
all the problematic characters ARE in the ASCII chart.

        Any idea?

        Thanks :-)

        Fred