Re: OWA and SSL woes

  • From: "Zoran" <zmarjanovic@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 06:39:30 -0700

In case with ISA, there is no direct connection between client and e-mail
server. You need to install a certificate on ISA and configure it to
listen on 443, then ISA establishes one session with the owa client and
another with the e-mail server. With Cisco pix you have a direct
connection (open 443). Check the situation with your firewall. I am not
sure that cert common name has to match your external OWA FQDN. If you use
a certificate for securing communication channel (you created the new web
server certificate), check if you disabled integrated authentication on
Exchweb, Exchange and Public virtual subdirectories on IIS and ESM.

Zoran