Re: OWA and SSL woes

  • From: "Jason Merrique" <j.merrique@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 12:02:13 -0000

> From: Zoran [mailto:zmarjanovic@xxxxxxxx]
> Hi Jason,
>
> If it works from the inside LAN, then you have problem with
> external DNS or firewall. You can check DNS and ask the
> person to print you the configuration that is related to
> OWA/SSL traffic. Do you use ISA?
>
> Zoran

I'm afraid we don't use ISA, our segment is within an academic network,
which runs a unix based firewall. Which would be fine but for the fact
that unix based systems seem to always be run by the most obtuse
sociophobic nitpicking.....gah, nevermind! Anyway, I'll see if I can
squeeze a configuration out of him. I'd just like to make sure that it's
an IP traffic issue....

I'm still not convinced that I issued the certificate correctly.... When
a client browser reads the certificate, does it refer to the CA? And if
it does, which port does it use?

Thanks again,

Jason