RE: OWA and GAL security issues

  • From: "Michael B. Smith" <michael@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 May 2005 10:12:56 -0400

Investigate msExchQueryBaseDN.

-----Original Message-----
From: Nathan Mitchell [mailto:Nathan.Mitchell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, May 04, 2005 10:08 AM
To: [ExchangeList]
Subject: [exchangelist] RE: OWA and GAL security issues

http://www.MSExchange.org/

Hi all

I have some users that have been explicitly denied access to the
defaualt GAL and yet they can still search and retreive names from it
using the search function within OWA or ctrl+k.

I have also explicitly denied the user permissions on a second user
account yet the first user can still see them and pull up their
properties?

Is there any way to stop users accessing the global address book when
using OWA?

Any help is appreciated

Thanks

Nathan

This email and attachments sent with it are intended only for the named
recipient. If you are not that person please telephone or email the
sender immediately. You should not disclose the content nor take, retain
or distribute any copies. Please delete this message immediately from
your computer.

No responsibility is accepted by United Church Schools Trust or any
associated entity for the contents of e-mails unconnected with their
business.No responsibility is accepted for any loss or damage caused due
to any virus attached to this email.

This e-mail has been scanned by www.emf-systems.com for viruses and
SPAM.

http://www.ntfaxfaq.com