OWA access on secondary exchange server

  • From: "Andy Kitney" <andyk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2003 08:29:49 -0700

hi, i have recently upgraded to win 2k and exchange 2k, we have a gateway
server with an external internet address (as well as another nic with an
internal private address) with an additional exchange server on a 2mb
local link on another site. the original main server died the death on us
and we have installed a new dell server. originally both sites could
access their mail by typing the external ip address followed by
exchange/mailbox a password screen would appear, they would enter username
and password if their mailbox was on the first server it would then go
there, however if it wasn't it was handed over to the other server and a
new password box would appear adding domain name as well as username and
password. since the installation of the new main server we have been
unable to access from the web the second server exchange. any ideas where
we should be looking to rectify the error. many thanks Andy K