OWA access for child domain mailbox

  • From: "Tiago de Aviz" <Tiago@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 11:45:58 -0300

Hello all,

I have a single exchange 2000 server on my network that has mailboxes
from my domain and for two child domains. I created the mailboxes from
the exchange server, connecting to the child domain and establishing a
mailbox to the user.

Well, everything OK until here, the client can access the mailbox
normally from within the network making his outlook client connect to my
exchange server.

The trouble comes when I want a child domain user to access OWA, my
exchange server logs on the security log many events saying that the
username or password is incorrect, although it can access any machine on
any child domain. People from the main domain can access OWA with no

Everyone has an e-mail with the same suffix, so I guess I can't create
different OWA sites for each child domain.

Is there a workaround? What's missing here?

Thanks in advance,