OWA Problem: Object Expected?

  • From: "Mustafa Cicek" <mbcicek@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 02:10:22 -0700

We have front-end and back-end Exchange 2003. Our front-end Exchange is
also RPC/HTTP-Proxy. OWA requests will be forwarded to back-end Exchange.

We have applied Windows patches over Windows Update Services on all
servers. We have now following problem with OWA access on front-end
Exchange, but not on the back-end:
The user can log on by using OWA successfuilly. But OWA doesn't load
pages. The Browser shows always "LOADING...". Also icons in menu had
changed themselves. If you click to any option in OWA menu, the browser
shows the following error:
Line: 56
Error: Object expected
Code: 0

I found two Microsoft KB articles: KB80823 and KB831464. I appliad all
fixes. But the solution of Microsoft about this problem did not solve the

How can I solve this problem? Please help...

Thanks in advance.