OWA Exchange 5.5 SP4 on Windows 2000

  • From: "Newhouse, Christina C." <CCN@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2002 17:28:22 -0400

I am trying to setup OWA on a new server.  We are running Windows 2000 SP2
and Exchange 5.5 SP4.  I selected OWA to be installed during the
installation.  In Internet Services Manager, I created a web site called OWA
5.5 and a virtual directory called Exchange.  The home directory for OWA 5.5
web site is pointed to D:\Web (which is empty) and an Exchange virtual
directory is pointing to D:\exchsrvr\WEBDATA.  We have used OWA in the past
on an NT 4 box so Log On Locally is still configured correctly.

I am getting the logon box but when I enter my NT credentials, I get the
following error:
HTTP Error 403 - Forbidden
Internet Explorer
I have enabled basic authentication and have gone into Edit and pointed
authentication to our domain.  Are there some registry settings I am
missing?
Thank you,
Tina Newhouse
ccn@xxxxxxxx

CONFIDENTIAL & PRIVILEGED

Unless otherwise indicated or obvious from the nature of the above
communication, the information contained herein may be an attorney-client
privileged and confidential information/work product. The communication is
intended for the use of the individual or entity named above. If the reader
of this transmission is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified
strictly prohibited.

If you have received this communication in error or are not sure whether it
is privileged, please immediately notify us by return e-mail and destroy any
copies, electronic, paper or otherwise, which you may have of this
communication.