OWA: Bare minimum security access to allow full access to OWA functions?

  • From: "Devin McBride" <devin@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2004 10:17:33 -0700

Hey all.  I have two questions I was hoping someone could help me out with.

1) I'm noticing that through SBS OWA, as a member of the Administrator group, I
have full access to functions from within OWA - ie, I can create distribution
lists and add contacts and whatnot...
Users of the Mobile User template automatically setup with SBS are unable to
create distribution lists and whatnot.  I need to be able to give these users
full access to their own contacts list and I was wondering what the bare
minimum I need to give them is...They are able to add to contacts and whatnot
when using Outlook directly, but there are a few users who only use OWA.

2) This may lean on some of the stuff already gone over in the last week
concerning organizational groups and whatnot...I have 2 Organizational groups
setup specifically for global contacts which is working fine.  Can users of the
Mobile group (or any other for that matter) add contacts to global groups
directly through OWA?  If so, how can they add to specific organizational
groups as there are really 2 divisions within the company and they are wishing
to have a different storage group for each set of contacts - all of which need
to be global (to both divisions - not just users in a specific div).

If someone could possibly lead me in the right direction here, that would be
greatly appreciated.

Thanks much in advance,
Devin