OWA 503 Service Unavailable

  • From: "J Alexander" <jalexander337@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 15:22:37 -0500

Hi all. I'm running W2k Server and Exchange 2000. When starting OWA, my users can log in but then they get a message stating "The service is no longer available." (It doesn't say which service.) Once they click Ok, they can use OWA without any problems except for the public folders are not available. If I try to navigate to the public folder using IE (http://servername/public), I get an error stating "HTTP/1.1 503 service unavailable". I found MSKB Article 282230 which states that the davex.dll needs to be removed using the Virtual Directory/Configuration/Apps Mapping section of IIS; however, my configuration button on the virtual directory is greyed out.

Any suggestions on this?  Thanks!