OWA 2003 over Proxy issues

  • From: Chris Maciejewski <cmaciejewski@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2003 20:11:17 +1100

Hi all,

Im hosting Exchange 2003 server at our office, which is part of a vpn, and OWA
works fine internally. Externally, on a non proxied broadband connection, it
works relatively ok, but the spell checker doesnt do anything. It just shows
the "please wait while we check your spelling dialog and the nice animated pic.

From our other offices, which are also part of this vpn, we can log in, and
everything loads except messages in the message pane.

Our VPN contains a lot fo Squid proxies, port 3128, and I do know that from our
other offices, hitting OWA at my office still goes through these proxies. I
have learned now that Windows Integrated Authentication doesnt work over our
VPN, so i have turned it off, and found clear text ok (even though security
issues exist). Also, we can host other websites on port 80 without a problem.
The VPN is quite large, and I have absolutely nothing to do with the management
of it.

Anyone got any thoughts?

Thanks,
Chris