RE: OWA 2003 Deployment Question

  • From: "Periyasamy, Raj" <Raj.Periyasamy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2005 13:14:52 -0500

Chris,
Correction.
If you have logged on to the domain with a email enabled user account,
and have enabled Integrated authentication in the FE server for OWA,
then when you type http://feserver/exchaneg, you will automatically get
the OWA folders view. If you have logged on to the domain with a
non-email enabled user account, and enabled Integrated authentication,
you have to use the http://feserver/exchange/usersmtpprefix . If you
disable Integrated authentication, and enable only basic authentication,
which you will do when you enable SSL, you will always get prompted for
authentication. Depending on the credentials entered, you will get
connected to the mailbox. FBA requires SSL to be enabled, you must get
an SSL certificate. FBA is the best way to authenticate to OWA. Are you
planning to have an ISA server in your DMZ ?

Regards,

Raj