OWA 2003 Deployment Question

  • From: "Chris Wall" <Chris.Wall@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2005 10:20:03 -0500

Hello all,

   Hello all - Instead of going into great detail, I want to ask a
general question to see if I do in fact have a problem with my OWA
deployment...

   After configuring an FE Server for OWA (no SSL cert at this time),
how should I connect to OWA?

-          I am attempting connection by typing
HTTP://ServerName/Exchange (should this work?)

-          I can only connect by typing
HTTP://ServerName/Exchange/UserName

  If I want to use Forms Based Authentication, does it require SSL?  I
am planning to purchase the SSL cert today, but want to verify the
system is working at it's basic level before proceeding.  What would you
recommend that I do to test this deployment?

Thanks for putting up with this question, as OWA is quite a bit
different in setup than it was for Exchange 5.5.  I have read several
articles out there on MSExchange.org, however nothing really describes
what to expect when using OWA without SSL.

Regards,