RE: OWA 2003

  • From: "Moon, Brendan" <bmoon@xxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2006 16:07:44 -0500

>> The FE Exchange Servers are proxy devices

I'm not sure I agree with this.  While they proxy Exchange mail data,
they are both a web (IIS) server and Exchange server themselves.  They
are also frequently, depending on the implementation, used as
bridgeheads to route SMTP traffic outside of the HTTP realm.

I trust that everyone on this thread will recommend a standalone HTTPS
Reverse Proxy server (ISA or otherwise) between OWA Clients and Exchange
Front-End servers.

FWIW: I've learned a lot about ISA by looking through your articles in
the past.  They are a great resource.

 - Brendan Moon