OT: Exchange-aware Helpdesk software

  • From: "adrian bolzan" <abolzan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2005 13:23:30 +1100

We are investigating Helpdesk software. We are looking at both free
Open-source, commercial open-source and closed source products. Does
anyone have any recommendations for Exchange-aware helpdesk software?  I
would welcome any remarks on non-exchange aware products, too.

Features we are interested in include:
Ticket tracking
Attachment handling
Web interface for Support staff
Web interface for users
Asset tracking would be good
Knowledgebase functionality would be nice
Reporting capabilites
Works with MSDE or can connect to a MySQL or Postgresql server, rather
than SQL Server

We are only a small company of about 150-200 users so do not want to
spend mega-bucks...(plus we are in Australia, so exchange rate
conversions become critical).

Best regards,

IMPORTANT - This email and any attachments may be confidential.
If received in error, please contact us and delete all copies.
Before opening or using attachments, check them for viruses and
defects.   Regardless of any loss, damage or consequence,
whether caused by the negligence of the sender or not, resulting
directly or indirectly from the use of any attached files,
our liability is limited to resupplying any affected attachments.
Any representations or opinions expressed in this email are those
of the individual sender and not necessarily those of the Capital
Transport Group.