[ExchangeList] Re: OT: Active Directory

  • From: "Taylor, George" <gtaylor@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2006 09:56:41 -0600

No reason to convulut your new hardware with old crap, just make them
brand new DCs in your existing forest (someone else can clarify but I
believe there is a forestprep and domainprep at this point).  Move all
your roles over to them, be very deligent of course and insure there are
no dependencies on the old DCs.  Power down the old DCs or just unplug
the network cable and see if anything breaks.  If things look good bring
them back online and demote them and remove them from your domain.  Once
thier both gone and everything is running well you can raise the new DCs
to 2003 native.
George Taylor
Systems Programmer
Regional Health Inc.