RE: OT: 2003 Terminal Server - question pertaining to CALs

  • From: "John Tolmachoff \(Lists\)" <johnlist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 10:51:26 -0800

Yes, that is correct. Windows Server 2003 Terminal Server licenses are
separate from 2000 CALs.

Additionally, Windows XP Professional and Windows 2000 Professional do not
need a license to connect to a Windows 2000 Terminal server in Application
mode, the license is inherent. But in Windows Server 2003 Terminal Server
mode, only Windows XP Professional licenses purchased before April 24, 2003
I believe are eligible for a free license to Windows Server 2003 Terminal
Server mode. Otherwise, a separate Windows Server 2003 Terminal Services CAL
must be obtained.

John Tolmachoff

eServices For You