RE: OST files question

  • From: "Mark Fugatt" <markfu@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2006 15:49:34 -0000

When the client is in cache mode they are using the OST file, this would
apply to both desktop machines and laptops, if you delete the OST file
on a laptop before they have had chance to sync with the server then any
changes they had made will be deleted.

Cache mode does not need to be disabled if the user is working offline.

Mark Fugatt
Microsoft Limited
Desk:   +44 (0)118 909 5630
Mobile: +44 (0)7966 858108