RE: OST files

  • From: Chris Wall <Chris.Wall@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 16:36:58 -0500

I assume that you deleted the user profile off of his machine (or are you
speaking of the outlook profile).  Could the OST files have been placed in a
seperate location than under his profile.  As a rule, I always put Outlook
files in a folder on the root in the event a profile is corrupted I still
have access to the PST, OST and any other files used in Outlook.  Do a
search for the OST files and see what happens.  If you have no luck, I would
recommend trying a recovery utility through dos to recover the files.

If you only recreated his Outlook profile, you should be able to find the
OST file under his User profile in NT/XP/2000 where it is created as a
default.

Chris