[ExchangeList] OMA/Active Sync

  • From: "Andrew English" <andrew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2006 01:01:56 -0400

I am trying to figure out why OMA and Active sync is enabled on this
network I am looking after now. They have a BES box which has about 80
users on it running BES 4.04, and I know ports 8300/3101 are opened on
the firewall for BES, I just don't know why active sync and OMA are
opened for exchange.

The client is North America's first dealer 2 dealer auction using
blackberry technology. So dealers play auctions and bids via their
blackberries.

I know their linux box that handles the spam accepts the SMTP and IMAP
(port 163) traffic before handing it off to Exchange and visa versa.

Can anyone give any suggestions or let me know of OMA and ActiveSync
have their own logs?

Thanks

Andrew