RE: Ntbackup/ Exchange 5.5/ Win 2000 Questions

  • From: "John Tolmachoff" <jtolmachoff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2003 06:49:59 -0800

MS NTBackup does not interact with the OS or other programs like Exchange to
lock files or start and stop services.

Remember, we are talking about a database file.

Remember, NTBackup in Windows 2000 is a Lite version of Veritas backup that
is only meant to provide basic functions.

The online backup you see reference to is from within Exchange. It is not
from within NTBackup.

John Tolmachoff MCSE, CSSA

IT Manager, Network Engineer

RelianceSoft, Inc.