Ntbackup/ Exchange 5.5/ Win 2000 Questions

  • From: Gene O'Brien <Gene@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 12:18:29 -0500

Hi All,

I'm setting up a new backup system for our network.  We have a small setup :

Server #1 - Windows 2000 Active Directory controller and file server
Server #2 - Exchange 5.5 on Windows 2000 Server, HP Ultrium 215 backup drive
installed
Server #3 - External web server and OWA server

I'm trying to set up the Exchange Server using NTBACKUP and the Ultrium
drive, to back up Exchange, Active Directory, and the web stuff.

When I run the backup, I get the following errors:
Warning: Unable to open the file \exchsrvr\mdbdata\edb.log - skipped
Warning: Unable to open the file \exchsrvr\mdbdata\priv.edb - skipped
Warning: Unable to open the file \exchsrvr\mdbdata\pub.edb - skipped

And a variety of other errors of a similiar nature.

Unless I'm missing hte boat here, it seems it's not properly backing up the
message stores, etc.

What do I need to do to fix this?

Thanks!

Gene O'Brien