No imap or mapi access after iis reinstall

  • From: "Greg Mulholland" <greg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2006 20:02:15 +1100

Hi guys need some help here

IIS died on me in a big way the other day and consequently the smtp service
started crashing the iisadmin service. I have followed an ms article (dont have
it handy) to remove and reinstall IIS and reinstall exchange, mount the old
stores. All this seemed to be OK, the stores mount, the services start, OWA
works, mail flows too and from the gateway etc. The only problem i have now is
that when i try to view existing outlook profiles or create new ones, even for
newly created ad users the names cant be resolved.

I have checked DNS and network connectivity on the server and clients and all
is well. If I fire up both event viewers (server and client) at the same time
and try to open the profile or create a new one, after it outlook errors it
doesn't log anything to the server or client events, which is helpful. The
event logs on the server do not contain any errors at all pertaining to this or
other.

The only thing I haven't tried yet is to re install office, as I haven't got
access to the cd yet.

If any one has any tips or has come across this before I'm all ears

Thanks

Greg Mulholland