[ExchangeList] Re: No OMA/ActiveSync After Restore

  • From: "Jeffrey Moscone" <jeff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2006 10:29:10 -0700

I am using .Net 2.0.
Thanks
 
Jeff

________________________________

From: exchangelist-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx on behalf of ChongJa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Thu 8/24/2006 7:59 AM
To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [ExchangeList] Re: No OMA/ActiveSync After Restore



Can you check what version of .netframework you're using?

 

________________________________

From: exchangelist-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx 
[mailto:exchangelist-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Jeffrey Moscone
Sent: Thursday, August 24, 2006 10:38 AM
To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [ExchangeList] No OMA/ActiveSync After Restore

 

Greetings,

I am working on the challenge below and would like any applicable input.

 

Environment - All Microsoft Windows 2003 Server Enterprise and Exchange 2003 
Enterprise based systems. Clustered, active/passive, back end and a single 
front end server. The cluster quorum is on a Snap Server 4400 utilizing the 
iSCSI protocol for connectivity. ***This is (was) a working production system 
current on all service packs and all functionality.

 

Situation - The power supply in the Snap Server 4400 burned which in turn took 
the cluster out of service because the quorum was no longer available. The 
front end server was configured to be a 'standard' Exchange mailbox server, 
meaning the 'This server part of a Front End/etc." was unchecked. The 
administrative group was renamed that of the former cluster and the private 
databases successfully restored from tape. Email clients work, but OMA and 
Active Sync do not. I have checked the certificate and also, reset the IIS 
virtual directories.

 

The Tricky Part - Not having the former cluster available so that mail boxes 
could be appropriately moved was a problem. After the restore of the private 
information store to the new server the mail boxes reflected the CN of the 
cluster and one could not connect to them. I used ADSIedit to change the CN and 
then MAPI and OWA clients could connect, but not OMA/Active Sync.

 

Error from OMA/Active Sync -  A system error has occurred while processing your 
request. Please try again. If the problem persists, contact your administrator.

 

Thanks

 

Jeff

Other related posts: