RE: Newbie Exchange Install...Newbie

No need to install SP1 and then SP2... SP2 has everything SP1 has.  Just
download the 200+mb SP2 and install just that one.

-----Original Message-----
From: Marvin Cummings [mailto:marvc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, April 25, 2002 8:40 AM
To: [ExchangeList]
Subject: [exchangelist] RE: Newbie Exchange Install...Newbie

http://www.MSExchange.org/

Cool, currently in the midst of downloading SP1. The manual I'm using is
titled 'The Complete Reference' Exchange 2000 Server published by
Osburne.
OK for someone on an intermediate level, but no good to a novice like
myself.
Really could use something dealing more with detailed procedures as I'm
trying to document the steps to:
1. perform a complete install
2. configure the necessary services, either POP or exchange???
3. Assign the proper permissions
yaddah yaddah yaddah...
In other words I'm a fresh new exchange puppy looking for my legs to
stand
on.