RE: New server not resolving names.

  • From: Rick Boza <rickb@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Exchange List <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2004 11:09:53 -0500

When you say the names are not resolving, what is happening exactly?  What
error code does the NDR generate (it's either a 400 or 500 level code).
That's a good place to start.

Could they resolve when they were on the 5.5 server?

Does mail flow between the 5.5 and the E2K3 servers?

Is the E2K3 box in the same org, or are you doing a Greenfield installation?
When you say 'moved them over to the domain' it makes me think Greenfield,
so how are you doing that, how are you updating directories, and what are
you expecting to happen that isn't working?

What directory synchronization facility do you have in place?

Don't get caught up in the Exchange versus imail piece, this should be SMTP
mail transfers and what you have on the back end won't matter.