New server not resolving names.

  • From: "Byron Kendrick" <bkendrick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2004 08:09:00 -0700

We have just recently begun the migration of our Exchange 5.5 server to
the new W2k3 server.  I have moved serveral users over to the domain but I
am having a problem with the new server trying to resolve names for
students who are not on Exchange.  The students email accounts reside on
an I-Mail server in a separate untrusted domain.  The new server will have
to route mail through the SMTP gateway located on a Sun box that holds the
aliases table.

I will be more than glad to answer any questions.