RE: New Server for Exchange 2003 & ISA

  • From: "John Tolmachoff \(Lists\)" <johnlist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2003 11:24:40 -0700

Koie, like others have said,  you should split that up.

3 Servers:
1. DC, DNS, File server. If you want Dell, either the 600SC is plenty for
this.
2. Exchange. Again, if you want Dell, the 1600SC is fine. If you really
want, then the 2600
3. ISA. If you want Dell, the 400SC is fine.

John Tolmachoff MCSE CSSA
Engineer/Consultant
eServices For You
www.eservicesforyou.com

SBS2003.
> We quoted 2 Dell Poweredge Server with the following specs.
>
> PowerEdge 2600, 2.4GHz (single process), Dual capable, 2GB Ram, 3 - 73GB
> SCSI HD's in Raid 5, Windows 2003 Standard Edition. This server will serve
as the
> main server to provide authentication and access to their file storage.
>
> PowerEdge 4600, 2.6GHZ (dual processor), 4GB Ram, 3 - 143GB SCSI HD's in
> Raid 5, Windows 2003 Enterprise Edition. This server will run Exchange
Server