RE: New Server for Exchange 2003 & ISA

  • From: "Bill Witten" <billw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2003 09:57:21 -0700

Another thing to remember is that if you put Exchange on a DC/GC DSACESS
will not fail over to use any other DC/GC--even if its own AD services
fail.

It would also be useful to know the expected number of users accessing
this box and the specific role it will play. I concur with John that
Exchange should be on its own box, if possible.  Combining Exchange with
any other application takes you into the realm of "untested" (meaning
the Exchange Product Group doesn't test the scenario).  Untested does
not mean unsupported, but it does mean more possible pitfalls than most
customers wish to experience.

--billw