Re: New Server

  • From: "Paul Taylor" <paultayl@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 04 Apr 2003 02:53:01 +0000

No You will have trouble with drivers and wht nots try doing full backuo depending on backup software maybe possible, but hardware must be the same!
Will have to install os drivers etc. then do backup restore.

From: "Amiel Alcantara" <amiel_a@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [exchangelist] New Server
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2003 10:49:11 +0800

Good Day

Presently we have a clone Intel pentium 4 server with scsi hard drive. and now we bought a branded server which is IBM Xeon. My problem is how can we set up the new server(ibm) fast configured the same with our old server. Can we just transfer the hard drive and let ibm detects its hardware setting. or can we use ghost program to copy the settings on our old server. We need this because our old server has windows 2000 n exchange server 2000. If we try to reconfigure the new server we also have to reconfigure all setting (Mailbox, EMail add, ANTIVIRUS, firewall etc). We just want to know what is the best and fastest way to do it

Thanks for your help in advance

Free Anti-Spam Download: Try Multi-layered, Accurate Spam Filtering with SurfControl E-mail Filter

List Archives:
ISA Server Resource Site:
You are currently subscribed to this Discussion List as: paultayl@xxxxxxxxxxx