RE: New Server

  • From: "Koray ARIKAN" <koray.arikan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2003 14:55:44 +0300

1 install the software to the new server
2 add the new server to the network as a DC
3 wait for the replication to complete between the two servers (takes a
while)
4 Move all the mailboxes from the old server to the new one using AD
Users and Computers
5 Re-route the clients to the new server using exchange system manager,
wait until all the mail clients (I assume they are Outlook) restart
their mail application, so that the old exchange server re-configures
them to use the new one from now on
6 then demote the old server. You may keep it for a while just to make
sure that there are no problems

Recently we made a similar transition and had no problems.

Koray