Re: New Server

  • From: "Lee Swanson" <swanson@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2003 21:36:49 -0600

You may find this article of interest:;en-us;q297289

Am assuming you had one server... I had a setup where we moved Exchange/DC
to new hardware. We put in a temporary 2nd server and made it a dc so
security etc was left intact. Then put in the new server with same name as
old one removed. Ran dcpromo & moved FSMO roles over to this server (since
temporary one would be removed). Then installed Exchange w/ disasterrecovery
switch. Had prev done an offline backup of exchange databases so copied
these over. Everything went quite well.

lee swanson