RE: New Problem - Connecting to Exchange Serve r through VPN

  • From: "Mulnick, Al" <Al.Mulnick@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2004 09:15:30 -0400

Works without wireless?  Hmmm....

So when he's outside the network, it doesn't work for this user only, right?

What about the other users in the same configuration?  What do you see in
the VPN logs?  Firewall logs?  What about a network trace from the client
when he tries to connect?  What about a network trace from the Exchange
server when he tries to connect?

It *sounds* like he has a problem with either the VPN or the client settings
(workstation).  You're right, there are a lot of variables to look at, but
to get into the problem faster, have a look at the above to get an idea
where to go next.  Could be as simple as a name resolution issue with the
VPN/Client/workstation or it could be as tough as another program that
overwrote some files he relies on (such as AOL?).

Al

  _____