[ExchangeList] Re: New Mail Server - Move mailboxes????

  • From: <ChongJa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 16:28:20 -0500

Nope you got the right idea.

From: exchangelist-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:exchangelist-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Justin Martin
Sent: Monday, March 27, 2006 4:15 PM
To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [ExchangeList] New Mail Server - Move mailboxes????

Hi i am currently running Exchange 2003 on a Windows 2003 server - I am
planning on replacing the mail server in the next few months with a more
robust and redundant box.
Question is - I am planning on doing a new install and just moving users
mailboxes, changing the location for OWA any other real gotchas that I
need to be concerned with? WIll i simply be able to move public folders
as well?
ANyone know of a white paper for this procedure?

This e-mail message (and any attachments) may contain confidential
and/or privileged information for the sole use of the intended
recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure,
copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in
reliance on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received
this e-mail in error, please contact the sender and delete all copies.
Any views expressed in this communication are those of the individual
sender, except where the sender specifically states them to be the views
of Gary Jonas Computing Ltd.