New Exchange setup.

  • From: "Stephen F. Herrera" <sherrera@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList] (E-mail)" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2003 07:14:14 -0700

Over the last 2 weeks I have implemented Exchange 2000 Server here. The first
week I converted our out Microsoft mail system to Exchange and this week I got
the internet portion setup including changing our MX record so that we are
hosting our own mail. The MX record was changed on Tuesday. We are getting some
email but not nearly as much as before. If I send to my email address from a
yahoo account I get it right away. If I send from a hotmail account I never see
it. I was thinking this was just DNS taking a while to propagate out but 3 days
seems a bit long. About how long does it take before records should propagate
fully?

Steve