RE: New Exchange 2003 server in existing AD/DC environment

  • From: "Andrew English" <andrew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2004 20:00:43 -0500

Installing Exchange 2k3 on a AD is not recommended by Microsoft because
of security issues.

With 350 users you may end up tanking the AD if you install Exchange 2k3
on it. Your client is better off buying another box and installing
Exchange 2k3 on it to save him/herself problems down the road. I also
hope they have an efficient backup system already in place.

Regards,
Andrew