New Exchange 2003 server in existing AD/DC environment

  • From: "A. M. Salim" <msalim@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2004 16:21:06 -0500 (EST)

One of my customers has a current, active AD and DC already installed and
running in their organization but they do not have an Exchange server.
Now they want to add an Exchange 2003 Standard server.  They want the
Exchange server to fit into the existing AD.

I am used to setting up a stand-alone Exchange server in a brand new
environment where I also set up the AD and DC on the same server but not
this scenario with an existing and operational AD.  So what is the best
way to install Exchange 2003 in this scenario?  How do I enable the new
Exchange server in the existing AD?  Once it is in the AD, how do I
mail-enable selected users so their email will be going through Exchange?
There will be about 350 users, is there a way to script this?

Mike Salim