RE: New Exchange 2003 Install

  • From: "Donavon Yelton" <dyelton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Apr 2004 13:29:09 -0400

Are you running your own DNS server or a third-party DNS like your ISP?
Our domain is a .local and obviously there is no .local domain on the
net, it's an internal address only.  Set up an A record for your mail
server to point to your exchange external IP and give it a name like
mail.  Setup a pointer record with the same info as the A record and
then setup your MX record pointing to your a record.  You'll need to do
this DNS setup for each domain that you want e-mail going to.  As long
as the .com is in your exchange recipient policy it will route it
appropriately once inside your private network.