RE: Network Upsizing and Exchange 2000

  • From: "Stephen Hartley" <shartley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2002 06:56:10 +1000

What? You don't take Microsoft's word for something? Gee, here in
Australia, if Microsoft recommends a minimum specification, then we at
least double or triple it!
I guess its really a matter whether your MD wants to pay $2000 for a
computer now or $5000 in additional support before he spends the $2000
on an Exchange Server within 12 months. Exchange runs fine on a
non-server spec'd box (provided it is reasonable quality) with a couple
of fast IDE drives and 1Gb RAM. Spend the money now or regret not
spending it for 12 months, before you have to!

Stephen Hartley
Brisbane, Australia