Net folders

  • From: "Shevill, Mark M SITI-ITDSEC44" <Mark.Shevill@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2002 10:49:18 +0100

Early this week, I posted a query on Net Folders with respect to the fact
that I was unable to select people from Native mode and give them
permissions to the PST. Howver, I now have a solution and thought I would
post that since I got no responses I assume you are all in the same
position.

Cause   -    When adding the user's name from GAL, Outlook client is
actually extracting the user's information from GC based on mailNickname
attribute. In actual fact, the user's cn attribute is containing other
value. This discrepency has caused Outlook to treat them as separate
entities.

Fix    -   Instead of selecting the user's name from the GAL, we may
manually key in the user name. This will add the user's name successfully.
By doing this, we are actually telling Outlook to grab the user's details
from GC based on user's CN.

Mark Shevill
IMG Messaging Technical Lead

Tel: +44 161 935 7152