RE: Need help configuring Exchange 2k server to receive internet mail...

  • From: "Steve Moffat" <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 2 Mar 2003 23:25:49 -0000

He'll be telnetting to port 25, therefore port 23 does not need to be
open.

Steve

-----Original Message-----
From: sheldon rogers [mailto:dundada1@xxxxxxxxxxx] 
Sent: Sunday, March 02, 2003 11:24 PM
To: [ExchangeList]
Subject: [exchangelist] RE: Need help configuring Exchange 2k server to
receive internet mail...


http://www.MSExchange.org/

make sure that your router is configured to allow telneting






>From: "Mark Fugatt" <mark@xxxxxxxxx>
>Reply-To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>Subject: [exchangelist] RE: Need help configuring Exchange 2k server to
>receive internet mail...
>Date: Sun, 2 Mar 2003 17:37:47 -0500
>
>http://www.MSExchange.org/
>
>
>Marvin,
>
>Check the settings on your SMTP Virtual Server.
>
>Mark Fugatt
>MCT, MCSE, Microsoft Exchange MVP
>Pentech Office Solutions Inc
>Rochester, NY
>Tel: 585 586 3890
>Fax: 585 249 0316
>www.4mcts.com
>www.exchangetrainer.com
>
>-----Original Message-----
>From: Marvin Cummings [mailto:marvc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
>Sent: Sunday, March 02, 2003 3:16 PM
>To: [ExchangeList]
>
>http://www.MSExchange.org/
>
>OK...Checked and rechecked and I'm sure I have forwarded ports 25 and 
>80 on the router for my mail server. Yet I continue to get "connection 
>to host lost" when I attempt to telnet. Stumped!
>
>-----Original Message-----
>From: Mark Fugatt [mailto:mark@xxxxxxxxx]
>Sent: Sunday, March 02, 2003 2:42 PM
>To: [ExchangeList]
>Subject: [exchangelist] RE: Need help configuring Exchange 2k server to

>receive internet mail...
>
>http://www.MSExchange.org/
>
>
>Hi Marvin.
>
>Well, looking at this, it does not seem to be a problem with your MX 
>record, if I look at DNSREPORT it reports an MX record that points to 
>mail.nubiint.com that resolves to the ip address of your router, so the

>problem may be port forwarding on your Router, check this and then lets

>see where to go next :-)
>
>http://www.dnsreport.com/tools/dnsreport.ch?domain=nubiint.com
>
>Hope this helps
>
>Mark Fugatt
>MCT, MCSE, Microsoft Exchange MVP
>Pentech Office Solutions Inc
>Rochester, NY
>Tel: 585 586 3890
>Fax: 585 249 0316
>www.4mcts.com
>www.exchangetrainer.com
>
>-----Original Message-----
>From: Marvin Cummings [mailto:marvc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
>Sent: Sunday, March 02, 2003 2:32 PM
>To: [ExchangeList]
>
>http://www.MSExchange.org/
>
>Sure. I'm at nubiint.com. This may be a novice mistake, but I somehow 
>feel that we've been down this road before. Thanks again.
>
>-----Original Message-----
>From: Mark Fugatt [mailto:mark@xxxxxxxxx]
>Sent: Sunday, March 02, 2003 2:27 PM
>To: [ExchangeList]
>Subject: [exchangelist] RE: Need help configuring Exchange 2k server to

>receive internet mail...
>
>http://www.MSExchange.org/
>
>
>Hi Marvin
>
>Creating an MX record on your internal DNS server will not work, the MX

>record needs to be on a DNS server that is available to the Internet, 
>if you let me know what your domain name is I can give you a better 
>idea as to what DNS server you need to update.
>
>Thanks
>
>Mark Fugatt
>MCT, MCSE, Microsoft Exchange MVP
>Pentech Office Solutions Inc
>Rochester, NY
>Tel: 585 586 3890
>Fax: 585 249 0316
>www.4mcts.com
>www.exchangetrainer.com
>
>-----Original Message-----
>From: Marvin Cummings [mailto:marvc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
>Sent: Sunday, March 02, 2003 2:23 PM
>To: [ExchangeList]
>
>http://www.MSExchange.org/
>
>Thanks for the quick response Mark. I did read this document and some 
>of the others listed on the site. The only problem I had was trying to 
>figure out which external DNS server to use. I use bellsouth for DSL 
>server and TZO to host my own web and email servers. I've created an MX

>record for this server internally and I thought that was all I needed 
>to do. I had this working one once and I wasn't sure if I entered an 
>external DNS server in the Delivery options or not. Other than that 
>I've done all listed in that particular doc.
>
>-----Original Message-----
>From: Mark Fugatt [mailto:mark@xxxxxxxxx]
>Sent: Sunday, March 02, 2003 2:12 PM
>To: [ExchangeList]
>Subject: [exchangelist] RE: Need help configuring Exchange 2k server to

>receive internet mail...
>
>http://www.MSExchange.org/
>
>
>Hi Marvin
>
>I am not sure if you have read this article, but it explains exactly 
>what you need to do: http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF002.html
>
>Hope this helps
>
>Mark Fugatt
>MCT, MCSE, Microsoft Exchange MVP
>Pentech Office Solutions Inc
>Rochester, NY
>Tel: 585 586 3890
>Fax: 585 249 0316
>www.4mcts.com
>www.exchangetrainer.com
>
>-----Original Message-----
>From: Marvin Cummings [mailto:marvc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
>Sent: Sunday, March 02, 2003 2:02 PM
>To: [ExchangeList]
>
>http://www.MSExchange.org/
>
>I know this topic has been discussed many times here but I can't seem 
>to get it working. I'm trying to configure my E2K server w/sp3 to 
>receive internet mail. I'm sitting behind a linksys router on a w2k 
>network running sp3. I'm able to send mail externally with no problems.

>I am however unable to telnet to port 25 on my mail server. I keep 
>getting connection to host lost errors whenever I attempt to telnet. I 
>have created a new Recipient Policy and I'm using the default Relay 
>Restrictions. Can anyone assist or point me to a suitable resource?
>
>Thanks in advance
>
>
>------------------------------------------------------
>List Archives: http://www.webelists.com/cgi/lyris.pl?enter=exchangelist
>Exchange Newsletters: http://www.msexchange.org/pages/newsletter.asp
>Exchange FAQ: http://www.msexchange.org/pages/larticle.asp?type=FAQ
>------------------------------------------------------
>ISA Server Resource Site: http://www.isaserver.org Windows Security 
>Resource Site: http://www.windowsecurity.com/ Windows 2000/NT Fax
>Solutions: http://www.ntfaxfaq.com
>------------------------------------------------------
>You are currently subscribed to this MSExchange.org Discussion List as:

>mark@xxxxxxxxx To unsubscribe send a blank email to 
>$subst('Email.Unsub')
>
>
>
>
>------------------------------------------------------
>List Archives: http://www.webelists.com/cgi/lyris.pl?enter=exchangelist
>Exchange Newsletters: http://www.msexchange.org/pages/newsletter.asp
>Exchange FAQ: http://www.msexchange.org/pages/larticle.asp?type=FAQ
>------------------------------------------------------
>ISA Server Resource Site: http://www.isaserver.org Windows Security 
>Resource Site: http://www.windowsecurity.com/ Windows 2000/NT Fax
>Solutions: http://www.ntfaxfaq.com
>------------------------------------------------------
>You are currently subscribed to this MSExchange.org Discussion List as:

>marvc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx To unsubscribe send a blank email to
>$subst('Email.Unsub')
>
>
>------------------------------------------------------
>List Archives: http://www.webelists.com/cgi/lyris.pl?enter=exchangelist
>Exchange Newsletters: http://www.msexchange.org/pages/newsletter.asp
>Exchange FAQ: http://www.msexchange.org/pages/larticle.asp?type=FAQ
>------------------------------------------------------
>ISA Server Resource Site: http://www.isaserver.org Windows Security 
>Resource Site: http://www.windowsecurity.com/ Windows 2000/NT Fax
>Solutions: http://www.ntfaxfaq.com
>------------------------------------------------------
>You are currently subscribed to this MSExchange.org Discussion List as:

>mark@xxxxxxxxx To unsubscribe send a blank email to 
>$subst('Email.Unsub')
>
>
>
>
>------------------------------------------------------
>List Archives: http://www.webelists.com/cgi/lyris.pl?enter=exchangelist
>Exchange Newsletters: http://www.msexchange.org/pages/newsletter.asp
>Exchange FAQ: http://www.msexchange.org/pages/larticle.asp?type=FAQ
>------------------------------------------------------
>ISA Server Resource Site: http://www.isaserver.org Windows Security 
>Resource Site: http://www.windowsecurity.com/ Windows 2000/NT Fax
>Solutions: http://www.ntfaxfaq.com
>------------------------------------------------------
>You are currently subscribed to this MSExchange.org Discussion List as:

>marvc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx To unsubscribe send a blank email to
>$subst('Email.Unsub')
>
>
>------------------------------------------------------
>List Archives: http://www.webelists.com/cgi/lyris.pl?enter=exchangelist
>Exchange Newsletters: http://www.msexchange.org/pages/newsletter.asp
>Exchange FAQ: http://www.msexchange.org/pages/larticle.asp?type=FAQ
>------------------------------------------------------
>ISA Server Resource Site: http://www.isaserver.org Windows Security 
>Resource Site: http://www.windowsecurity.com/ Windows 2000/NT Fax
>Solutions: http://www.ntfaxfaq.com
>------------------------------------------------------
>You are currently subscribed to this MSExchange.org Discussion List as:

>mark@xxxxxxxxx To unsubscribe send a blank email to 
>$subst('Email.Unsub')
>
>
>
>
>------------------------------------------------------
>List Archives: http://www.webelists.com/cgi/lyris.pl?enter=exchangelist
>Exchange Newsletters: http://www.msexchange.org/pages/newsletter.asp
>Exchange FAQ: http://www.msexchange.org/pages/larticle.asp?type=FAQ
>------------------------------------------------------
>ISA Server Resource Site: http://www.isaserver.org Windows Security 
>Resource Site: http://www.windowsecurity.com/ Windows 2000/NT Fax
>Solutions: http://www.ntfaxfaq.com
>------------------------------------------------------
>You are currently subscribed to this MSExchange.org Discussion List as:

>marvc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx To unsubscribe send a blank email to
>$subst('Email.Unsub')
>
>
>------------------------------------------------------
>List Archives: http://www.webelists.com/cgi/lyris.pl?enter=exchangelist
>Exchange Newsletters: http://www.msexchange.org/pages/newsletter.asp
>Exchange FAQ: http://www.msexchange.org/pages/larticle.asp?type=FAQ
>------------------------------------------------------
>ISA Server Resource Site: http://www.isaserver.org Windows Security 
>Resource Site: http://www.windowsecurity.com/ Windows 2000/NT Fax
>Solutions: http://www.ntfaxfaq.com
>------------------------------------------------------
>You are currently subscribed to this MSExchange.org Discussion List as:

>mark@xxxxxxxxx To unsubscribe send a blank email to 
>$subst('Email.Unsub')
>
>
>
>------------------------------------------------------
>List Archives: http://www.webelists.com/cgi/lyris.pl?enter=exchangelist
>Exchange Newsletters: http://www.msexchange.org/pages/newsletter.asp
>Exchange FAQ: http://www.msexchange.org/pages/larticle.asp?type=FAQ
>------------------------------------------------------
>ISA Server Resource Site: http://www.isaserver.org
>Windows Security Resource Site: http://www.windowsecurity.com/ Windows 
>2000/NT Fax Solutions: http://www.ntfaxfaq.com
>------------------------------------------------------
>You are currently subscribed to this MSExchange.org Discussion List as:
>dundada1@xxxxxxxxxxx
>To unsubscribe send a blank email to 
>$subst('Email.Unsub')


_________________________________________________________________
The new MSN 8: smart spam protection and 2 months FREE*  
http://join.msn.com/?page=features/junkmail


------------------------------------------------------
List Archives: http://www.webelists.com/cgi/lyris.pl?enter=exchangelist
Exchange Newsletters: http://www.msexchange.org/pages/newsletter.asp
Exchange FAQ: http://www.msexchange.org/pages/larticle.asp?type=FAQ
------------------------------------------------------
ISA Server Resource Site: http://www.isaserver.org
Windows Security Resource Site: http://www.windowsecurity.com/ Windows
2000/NT Fax Solutions: http://www.ntfaxfaq.com
------------------------------------------------------
You are currently subscribed to this MSExchange.org Discussion List as:
steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx To unsubscribe send a blank email to
$subst('Email.Unsub')


Other related posts: